Internationally Agreed Conservation Objectives for Cheddar Gorge
Mendip Limestone Grasslands and the North Somerset and Mendip Bats SACs.
- Avoid deterioration of the habitats
of the bats and the listed natural habitats.
- Avoid significant disturbance of the bats and plants.
- Ensure the integrity of the site is maintained
- Ensure the site's full contribution to Favourable Conservation
of each of the habitats and species being conserved.
- Maintain or restore:
- Extent and distribution of the above habitats.
- Structure and function (including typical species) of these habitats.
- Supporting processes on which the above habitats rely.
- Populations of the bats and plants species being conserved.
- Distribution of the conservation species within the site.